BISAC believes that to be a good servant to the community it is not only about helping those clients and families in its care, but also reaching out to the community as a whole and giving back.
These are some of the ways BISAC staff, board and clients participate in making our community a better place to live:
- Assists with set up and clean up of Annual South Hilo Rotary Event—“Hilo Huli” that raises funds for communtiy organizations like the Boys & Girls Club and Hilo Medical Center.
- Assists in the cooking prep, as memebers of the BISAC culinary prorgam, for the annual Hospice of Hilo Dinner & Auction, an event that raises much needed funds for the compassionate care of our East Hawai‘i communtiy.
- Collaborates with HOPE SERVICES to outreach to the homeless.
- Helps with the yearly Hilo Y’s Men and Women Christmas Tree Sale raising money for the YMCA youth programs.
- Volunteers with the annual Rotary Sponsored Kona Triathlon Aid station.
- Participates in bookdrives, fooddrives and other needed collection activities for partner organizations throughout the year.
- Active in lo‘i restoration projects through BISAC Po‘okela Vacational Program.